One of the most needed feature missing from Apple TV 4 is to record screen but it seems that Apple doesn’t want to integrate a native recorder as it may lead to pirating content and we have also covered a guide previously on How to record iPhone Screen without jailbreak. still many people need this feature badly. I am an Apple enthusiast and keep myself updated with the latest trends in technology, Recently a friend of mine approached me asking -“How to Record Apple TV 4 Screen” as he needs it badly.
If you are also looking for a way to Record Apple TV 4 Screen without Jailbreak then you are in right place. There is a workaround to take screenshots and capture screen of your Apple TV 4 easily without any hassles. You can capture both screenshots and videos as the procedure is same for both. There are rumors that Apple might integrate these features in the near future and they will be just a tap away. Hope that happens in future.
For now, we need to follow this workaround to Record Apple TV Screen and share the clips with your friends and family. You don’t need to jailbreak your device, You need a Mac or Windows with OS X running on a virtual machine and a USB-C to USB Cable. If you have them then you are just a few steps away from recording your Apple TV 4 screen. So let’s dive into our guide on “How to Record Apple TV 4 Screen without Jailbreak”.
How to Record Apple TV 4 Screen without Jailbreak
- Navigate to QuickTime Player on your Mac, You can use the Spotlight search to find the application.
- Now we need to connect Apple TV to Mac using USB-C to USB Cable while the Apple TV is still plugged in.
- As you have opened “QuickTime Player” in the first step then click on File >> New Movie Recording.
- After clicking the “New Movie Recording” button you will get a small navigation bar. Click on the arrow beside the bright red recording button.
- Now select “Apple TV” for both Microphone and camera and you are good to go.
- You can save Apple TV 4 video by going to File > Save.
- If you want to just capture screenshots then you can use the shortcut “Command + Shift + 4 + Space Bar” which will capture the screenshots.
Hope this guide has helped you to capture and record the screen of your Apple TV 4. If you are facing any issues with the above guide on How to Record Apple TV 4 Screen without Jailbreak then do leave a comment below so that we can help you out.
(images credits to “myjailbreakmovies”, “You have an iPad” YouTube channels)