Anyone who follows the iOS jailbreak community knows that the Pangu team has worked very hard to release the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9- iOS 9.0.2. This one can be said to be the first jailbreak for the iOS 9 and also for the devices like iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus. We bet you are really curious to fiddle around your brand new iPhone by jailbreaking the device running on iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2; well, guess what? Your wait is now over.
Things to remember when using Pangu 9 to jailbreak iOS 9 to iOS 9.0.2
In this article we are going to provide you with the complete guide regarding the jailbreak of iOS 9 – 9.0.2 through the latest Pangu 9 Jailbreak tool. But before you proceed, you need to remember a few points which are as follows;
- The Pangu 9 jailbreak tool can only jailbreak iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2.
- This is absolutely an untethered jailbreak and the pangu 9 is a free jailbreak tool.
Tweaks: iOS 9 Cydia Tweaks
Repos/Sources: iOS 9 Cydia Repos
Steps to jailbreak iOS 9 to iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu 9
Now let us delve deep into the detailed steps about how to jailbreak devices running iOS 9 and up using the Pangu 9 jailbreak.
1) Firstly, you have to make use of iCloud or iTunes for backing up the device and all your personal information which should be kept safe in case something goes wrong. Any antivirus should be disabled as well as firewalls that can prevent Pangu 9 tool from connecting to the internet.
2) Secondly, download the latest Pangu 9 jailbreak; and remember that it is a free tool which does not require registration. And after completing the download, the device should be connected to your computer.
3) Then, disable the Passcode that you use from the Settings section and turn off the option “Find My iPhone”. Enable the airplane mode.
4) After the above steps are completed, you have to launch Pangu 9 application which you had initially downloaded. Then right click on the Pangu exe file and click on “Run as Administrator”.
5) It might take a few minutes to detect the device and once detection is done, you have to click on the blue “start” button.
6) After that, you have to click on “Already Backup” and then proceed to the jailbreak. You shall observe that when 55% has been completed, the device shall reboot and again at 65%, the Airplane mode shall be needed to be enabled again when your device gets rebooted again.
7) When 75% has been completed, a message shall prompt that says to unlock the device and then run the Pangu app. You have to launch the pangu app from the home screen, if you are not able to find the app, then, search in the device for “pangu”.
8) Next, you shall receive a pop up, tap on the “Accept” button for giving the access to the photos app and then tap on “Allow” when you get the pop up again. Now, you have to just wait for the progress to complete and you iDevice shall reboot again.
That’s it, you are done and you shall see the Cydia icon within the home screen. Congratulations! You’ve successfully jailbroken your idevice running iOS 9.