Is your iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop and you can’t do a thing except looking at your iPhone, which keeps restarting into recovery screen. I bet that you might have searched for a solution to “Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop” and you didn’t found any guides to fix the issue. This is one of the most common problems which is generally faced by old generation models like iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S or iPhone 5.
There are many reasons for the issue, and it is mostly due to hardware limitations with the latest iOS 9 firmware. We are getting requests to write a guide to Fix iPhone Stuck on Connect to iTunes Screen or Fix iPhone 4S stuck in recovery mode loop. You can fix the issue quickly without any hiccups.
I assume that you may have an iPhone or iPad lying on your desk which is in recovery mode loop, and you lose the hopes of reviving it. If you have tried any guides and still have no luck, then don’t worry we are here to help you. We have tested this guide on iPhone 5S and latest iPhone 6S to ensure that our guide on Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop works flawlessly.
Reasons for iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
- 1 Reasons for iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
- 2 Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop (any iOS version)
- 2.1 1.DFU Mode to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
- 2.2 2.Using Recboot to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
- 2.3 3.Using TinyUmbrella to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
Whenever we come across a problem, We search for solutions furiously in the attempt of solving the issue, but we don’t look at the possible reasons why the problem is caused. You might have also searched for solutions to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop rather than searching for possible reasons for iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop. To save your time and efforts we are listing down the possible causes of the recovery mode loop issue.
- Downgrading to the iOS version which is unsupported.
- Restoring to a wrong version or backup on your iTunes.
- Outdated version of iTunes on your computer & the list continues.
Now we know why your iPhone stuck in recovery mode and now let’s solve the issue once and for all.
Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop (any iOS version)
As I mentioned above readers of this site requesting for a guide and I also faced the same with the brand new iPhone 5S. The internet is full of guides to help you solve all the issues, but only a few guides are going to help you solve the issue. We found some ways to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop and listed down the most promising & working solutions so that you can fix the issue asap without any delay.
- DFU Mode
Now let’s get in-depth about each and every solution which will help you fix the issue of iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop once and for all.
1.DFU Mode to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
I bet that you heard about DFU Mode many times, DFU stands for Device Firmware Update, which is used to update your device to latest iOS version. We found that DFU mode works for most of the devices to fix the problem as you are going to restore to the previous backup using this method.
- You need to turn off your device completely.
- Next, turn on your device by pressing “Power+Home” for 3 seconds.
- Keep holding the same for 15 seconds and leave them.
- Now you need to release the power button still holding the home button.
- Tada !! You have successfully booted your device to DFU Mode.
Now you can either update your device to latest iOS version or restore your previous backup. If you are still facing the same issue then we advice you to follow other solutions mentioned in the post.
2.Using Recboot to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
BootRec, which is famously known as RecBoot, is a tiny application which is developed for the same purpose. The good thing about the app is that it is available for both Windows and Mac. The procedure to use the application is pretty straight forward if you are confused don’t worry we will guide you through the overall process.
Procedure to use Recboot to exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad:
- First things first, You need to download Recboot for Windows or Recboot for Mac.
- Connect your device using the lighting cable and run the application.
- The application will take a moment or two to recognize your device and You will get two options “Enter Recovery Mode” and “Exit Recovery Mode.”
- You need to click on “Exit Recovery Mode” which will help you reboot your iPhone normally.
You have a working iPhone without any recovery mode loop issue, and if you are still facing the issue of iPhone stuck in recovery mode, then you need to try the last solution to help you fix the problem.
3.Using TinyUmbrella to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
If you are reading this then I assume that RecBoot didn’t work for you, then you can use TinyUmbrella. TinyUmbrella is an amazing application which is loved by the jailbreaking community. TinyUmbrella has many functions which made it one of the most used software in the jailbreak community.
Procedure to use TinyUmbrella to exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad:
- You need to have Java JDK installed on your computer and make sure that it is updated to latest version.
- Next, you need to download Tinyumbrella for Mac or TinyUmbrella for Windows.
- You can unzip the files and can run the program right away without the need of installing the application.
- You may need to wait for some time during the initial startup as it will download necessary files onto your computer.
- You can find Recovery Device tab and click on the number which is your device.
- Now you can click “Exit Recovery”.
That’s it you have successfully brought your device back from dead by following our guide on How to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop. If you are still having any issues with the guide, then do let us know via the comments section below. We will get back to you ASAP. Do share the article and keep an eye on our Cydia Geek blog for more amazing tutorials.