Cydia is a marketplace for some tweaks, themes, etc which will enhance the way your device looks and performs. Did you ever though from where the tweaks come from ? or from where you are downloading your favorite tweaks or themes? Most of the people will have little to no idea about them, but we are here to explain all your Cydia related doubts and issues.
The developers developed all the tweaks, themes, etc and hosted on different sources. Cydia is a unified marketplace which contains some sources. By default, It consists some default Cydia sources, and you can add any Cydia source you want. If you are a new user, then you might be having trouble adding a source to Cydia and wondering how to add sources to Cydia then this guide will help you out.
How to Add Cydia Sources in iOS 10 on iPhone/iPad
So if you are a newbie don’t worry there are two different ways to add sources to Cydia. One method is adding Cydia sources within the application and another one by entering the external Cydia source URL. So let’s check the first method to add Cydia sources in iOS 10.
- Open “Cydia” application on your device.
- Next click on the “Start icon ★” located at the bottom of the screen.
- After clicking the icon, You will be navigated to the homepage within the application.
- Next tap on “More Package Sources” which will show some default and trusted Cydia Sources.
- You can select any of the sources from the list.
- After selecting, tap on “Ok” to confirm the installation.
- It will now start downloading the Cydia sources, and you can tap on “Return to Cydia” once the process is completed.
The above method works great when you are trying to install the default Cydia sources. But what if you are trying to install cracked Cydia sources like XSellize, BiteyourApple, etc then the above method might not work. You can follow below steps to add Cydia sources other than the default sources.
How to Manually add Repos or Sources in Cydia iOS 10
You might have added the default Cydia sources on Cydia iOS 10, and you might be struggling to manually add Cydia sources. Don’t worry; You can manually add Cydia sources quickly in a minute or two. All you need to know is the Cydia Source URL which you like to add to Cydia Sources.
- Open Cydia app on your device.
- Tap on “Sources” which is just beside “Cydia” in the bottom left corner.
- Next tap on “Edit” located at the top right corner.
- After clicking the “Edit” button, you can remove existing Cydia sources, and you can add new ones too.
- Tap on “Add” located at the top left corner.
- Now you will get a popup in which you need to enter the source URL. Don’t forget to type on “Add Source” after entering the URL.
- You might get a popup warning you, Ignore it and click on “Add Anyway.”
That’s it you have successfully added Cydia sources manually on your device. Now you can use the search tab to search for the tweak, and the results also contain the Cydia sources which you have added manually. In case if you are having any doubts regarding our article on “How to Add Repo or Sources to Cydia in iOS 10 on iPhone and iPad“. Don’t forget to drop a comment below so that we can help you out.